Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Eyes

True or false: you have been walking towards someone of the opposite sex, they have looked you in the eyes and made some sort of recognition, or half smile that looks slightly painful.
The answer is true. Everyone has experienced this. If you believed the answer was false, you need to start paying attention.

The question that I beg to know is: what am I supposed to do with that? What do they eyes mean? Do you expect me to say something? Smile back? Give you “the eyes” back? WHAT DO YOU WANT??

 In my dating experience, the skill of “eye flirting” has been perfected to a science. But the initial approach is still a little rusty. This is because there is no clear method of communication.

 I have gotten myself into some sticky situations resulting in awkward dates because of eye flirting. I would avoid against it unless you are absolutely certain that you want to go on a date with the receiver.

 I don’t have a solution to this phenomenon. Any suggestions?

 Perhaps the answer is found from all of the readers who answered “false” to the beginning question. Perhaps because some of us are still inept at picking up subtle cues, we should change the unwritten rules to something a little more blunt. How’s this: If you want to talk to me, wink. It’s easy. Open both eyes, then just close one of them. I’ll get the hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment