Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First Kisses

Nick took me back to my car and gave me the look. I was unfamiliar with this look. I gave him a look of my own back, only mine was something more like confusion.

"I had a great time tonight, Emmilie," Nick said.

I did too. I was so excited to have finally gone on a date with this boy. That was good enough for me. But Nick had other things on his mind. He drew me in closer for a hug. That was nice. I was ready to go home. But it was a hug that lingered longer than normal. He pushed me away from him, and looked me in the eye. Then, with the look as if deciding something, he pulled me in hard, and slapped his lips onto mine.

Before I could fully realize what was happening, he had pulled away, and was getting into his car. I was left feeling stunned, and slightly bruised.

I drove home, still trying to assess what led up to this attack. I was suddenly mad. This was my first kiss, and what I had left to show for it was a small headache, and a bruise forming on my upper lip.

This did not start our relationship off on the right foot. A few weeks later, we broke up. How I love high school dating.

Now, it's important to have the right setting, but most importantly, to have the two parties in mutual agreement that a kiss should in fact happen. Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment